Terms & Conditions
Athlone Hampers Terms & Conditions
Thank you for visiting the Athlone Hampers website. The following are the Terms and Conditions for the use of this website and the purchase of products from Athlone Hampers. Use of this website constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. This page also contains our company Returns and Refund Policy.
Since the Global Pandemic (Covid 19) we have been faced with many challenges outside of our control. Our courier companies are experiencing huge volumes of deliveries daily due to the surge in online ordering. Deliveries of stock and packaging orders are also delayed arriving into our head office. This in turn has a knock on effect on our lead times for order dispatch and delivery. Please allow up to 5 working days for your order to be fully completed and delivered. We thank you for your patience and understanding during these turbulent times.
1. Our gift hampers, gift boxes and baskets delivered by our third party courier and shipping comanies are all carefully packaged and parcelled and sealed with tape before they leave our head office. We use high quality durable corrugated, double-walled cardboard boxes for our parcels to ensure the hightest level of protection during it’s transit journey from us to the recipient via our third party couriers. Please contact a member of our team if you need to report that your gift has been received in a damaged condition and we will investigate. Get in touch as soon as possible by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. At the checkout stage on our website please provide the correct Eircode for the delivery address for the parcel recipient. This is a mandatory field and is required by our third party couriers. The Eircode for the recipient address can be found on www.eircodefinder.ie. If you do not know the correct Eircode please include some extra detail to where the house is located e.g 3rd house on the right after the Petrol station once you arrive in the village of Cloughan.
3.Please include a contact phone number for the recipient of the parcel. This will be used should the driver need to make contact with the recipient in the event that they have difficulty locating the correct house or if there is no-one home and if an alternative arrangement can be made e.g can the parcel be placed in the shed or at the side or back of the house. It is also needed if our driver needs Gate/Security access to an apartment block/building or if the driver needs to confirm exact location or if the driver is delivering to an apartment and there is no answer at the doorbell. If you are not comfortable providing the contact number for the recipient please include an alternative phone number or your own phone number if you can assist the driver (should they need to make contact).
4. We endeavour to dispatch orders within 48 hours of receipt (on week days only) **This timelines has now changed since the Global Pandemic (Covid 19), please allow up to 5 working days for your order to be fully completed and delivered (Ireland deliveries)** Deliveries will take place on a Monday to Friday only. If you need a local delivery made on a Saturday please get in touch. There are no deliveries on a Sunday or Bank Holiday Monday.
5. If you wish to cancel your order after payment this can be be arranged however we must be notified prior to the gift parcel being dispatched with our couriers. We cannot refund the shipping fee as this is a third party cost from our couriers and we canot recoup this fee.
6. If you require a refund after you have received your order please get in touch. You will need to arrange to have the parcel sent back to our head office within 24 hours of receiving the parcel. We cannot cover the cost of the shipment fee from your address back to our base. The gift hamper or basket must be un-opened and it’s in original packaging. Please allow 2-3 days after the parcel has been received back to us before we process the refund.
7. If a refund is approved the value of the paid amount for the order will be transferred onto the card which was used to make the original payment. Please allow 5-10 working days for the refund to be placed back into your account and for it to appear on your banking statement.
8. If a refund is not preferred we can also issue you with a credit note/gift voucher to the same value as the original payment.
9.Missing or incorrect delivery address details – In the event that a new delivery needs to be set up for a parcel which is returned parcel back to head office due to incorrect delivery address infomation provided by the customer who places the order, this will incur a new delivery charge. An additional shipping (Re-delivery) fee of €8.50 will be applied to cover the new parcel shipment out to the recipient. This Re-delivery fee will also be applied for failed deliveries in cases where a parcel needs to be redirected to a new address.
10.Late Delivery and Non-Arrival – Please get in touch with us if your parcel has not arrived on the date communicated. We will get in touch with the courier company and follow up.
11. Perishable and Temperature Sensitive Items – For Cheese Hampers we use vacuum packed hard cheeses which come packaged vacuum sealed. For these gifts please place your order as close to the start of the week as possible to ensure that it arrives with the recipient before the weekend. We will not ship fresh food hampers on a Friday as there are no deliveries on a Saturday or a Sunday and the parcel will be stored in the courier depot over the weekend. If you place an order for a food hamper on a Thursday for a nationwide delivery it will be dispatched on the following Monday.
12. Gift Hamper and Baskets Photographs – Each of our gifts on our Shop section will have a corresponding photo and product image. From time to time we need to substitute some of the brands featured in the gift photo if the original product is out of stock, has become discontinued (EOL) or has a long lead time for delivery. In these instances we select a suitable replacement of the same value, weight and quality (or higher) than the original item.
13. Photo Props – Many of the gifts in our Shop section have been photographed by a professional photographer. For some of the gifts we have created a backdrop to highlight the full contents of the gift hamper. Props featured in these photos are NOT included in the gift. Each gift will have a full itemised list of “what’s included” on it’s individial product/gift page. Examples of props used include – a chopping board, a whiskey glass tumbler, a dish etc. Thank you for your understanding.
14. Hamper Presentation and Packaging – The type of finished presentation and packaging for your gift will vary depending on the contents of the gift hamper. Please note that our packaging will vary due to limited stock availability, high demand and packaging shortages from our suppliers. Please see below our types of packaging:
- High Back Hamper Tray Box
- Flat Hamper Tray Box
- Closed Gift Box Style
14. For Food Hampers please make us aware of any dietery restrictions and if an item needs to be removed or replaced e.g Dairy, Nuts etc
15. We do not include a printed copy of your purchase billing information in your gift parcel. Your receipt is always emailed to you (the customer). Your recipient will not have access to the price paid for the gift.
16. All of our gifts are made to order and are dispatched from our head office in Athlone direct to the recipient’s destination.
17.Track your Parcel – Once your parcel shipment/delivery has been booked we will email you with your parcel tracking link. With this tracking number you will be able to keep an eye on the status of your parcel as it makes it way through the courier comany’s network and onto the recipient address. Once your parcel is collected by the courier company they will scan the barcode on the address label on your parcel. It will then be scanned at each depot that it needs to pass through to get to the correct destination in Ireland.
18. On your Order form please include the Eircode for the recipient’s address. This is mandatory and in particular for addresses in rural and country areas in Ireland which do not have a house number as well as dwellings which are part of a new housing development.
19. Issues out of our control – We do our best to ensure that your parcel is delivered on or indeed before your requested delivery date. On occasion we are affected by issues beyong our control such as bad weather and road conditions (Storms), Global Pandemic, Covid 19, Ireland Lockdowns and Stock issues from suppliers and service disruptions from our courier and delivery drivers. Should there be a delay to the delivery of your order we will contact you to inform you as soon as possible.
20. Ordering Process – All Orders are made to order and orders must be placed in advance via email, phone or via our webshop on the website. We do not carry spare stocks of hampers on our premises in Athlone. If you wish to view our products in advance of purchasing you can view these on our shop section on the website. Should you require further photos of gifts please send a request by email to email@example.com
21. We are a web based business and do not have a physical location to view hampers and gift baskets. Our workshop in Athlone can be used as a contactless collection point should you wish to arrange a hamper collection. Please contact us in advance to arrange a suitable collection time. We cannot accommodate walk-ins due to Covid restrictions.
These conditions, and all acts of the business Athlone Hampers, it’s proprieter and its employee’s shall be governed and construed in every way in accordance with the Laws of the Republic of Ireland.